Sunday, October 28, 2007

The definition of ANTICIPATION

Oh my gosh.

Kelly and I are getting ready for our weekend out of town, and are going absolutely crazy with anticipation. It will only be the second time we have gotten to get away overnight without the children. The first time was only last year, and was only for one night. This year we're taking the whole weekend, leaving Friday morning and not coming home until we HAVE to Sunday night.

An entire weekend of just us. No TV, no computers, no cell phones, no KIDS.

Needless to say, we are looking forward to a VERY QUIET and ROMANTIC weekend...

Kelly has been developing her "battle plan" as I call it for months now. I have been kept completely in the dark about it, and she apparently has several surprises in store for me... I am all giddy with, yet again...anticipation. The girl has been sewing something or some things for weeks now in the evenings and has been keeping that a secret as well. So all in all, I am expecting a weekend filled with surprises and fun!

To heighten our, yeah, anticipation, we have been, um, "restraining" ourselves for the last few weeks... increasingly teasing each other but never letting it go past a certain point, to drive each other crazy. And let me tell ya. IT'S WORKING. For both of us. We are both doing such a good job of it that, well, let's just say we are as giddy as high schoolers again. Though it's driving us both crazy, we did the same thing last year when we went out of town, and it turned out to have had definite positive benefits in our time together, if ya know what I am saying! *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*

Let me tell you, if any of you out there - any of my married-with-kids friends out there - ever plan on a romantic weekend out of town away from the kids... trust me, display a little restraint for a while before your trip, and you'll enjoy your weekend more than you think. It'll be like your honeymoon all over again!

I know some of you out there are probably saying, "Geez, Sean, you're a Christian. I didn't know Christians talked so openly about this stuff!" LOL... Well, God created everything, and blessed us with countless things in our lives. Marriage, and the intimacy between a husband and wife, and everything that goes with that, are sacred institutions... and ones that are to be ENJOYED, not ENDURED.

So deal with it. I love my wife. And EVERYTHING that goes with her.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Kudo's Sean!

There is still that left in some of us out there! It's nice to see that we are able to share it with others.

I can't tell you how many times Tiffany asks my how I can keep the same passion for her as I did the day we met, and it's simple. I want nothing else in my life and I focus it all back to her! She's my love for life!

Yeah, it happens!

Sean, enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!