Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Is that what they're calling it these days...

So, Sean and I are preparing for our trip next weekend... our long-awaited, quiet, romantic trip in the mountains at a spa cabin. We have been away from the boys overnight only once. It was last year and it was for only one night. This year the boys are a year older and I'm a year bolder. I've been giving the boys little reminders, plans, tips, etc. Luke, age 8 and Mitch, age 6 were in the bath tub tonight. As I'm bathing Mitch I thought it would be a good opportunity to give Luke some instructions for while we're gone.

"Luke, while Daddy and I are gone next weekend, I want you to take your bath with Mitch so you can help him. You need to wash his hair and make sure he bathes. OK?"

"OK, Mom."

"It's just two nights, Friday and Saturday."

"Can you bring us back something like you did last time?"

"You know Luke, probably not. Last time we did a little bit of shopping on the way home. This year we're just gonna be chilling out at our cabin. You know, relaxing in the peace and quiet."

"Yeah, I know what you mean by chilling out.... Kissing."

I heard Sean bust out laughing out in the hallway after having obviously overhead our conversation. He stuck his head around the corner and said, "Naw. Mommy doesn't like it when I kiss her. We'll probably just do some hiking in the woods or something."

Luke, who has caught us in some "compromising positions in the middle of the night" just laughed.

0 comments: