Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My new truck, baby!

Well, all the calls and paperwork and signatures and such later, I finally got my new truck to replace the demolished old faithful RAV4. Meet my 2006 Nissan Frontier LE Crew Cab.


It's a sweet but powerful piece of machinery and metal. The Rockford Fosgate, 380-watt 6-disc MP3 CD changer system, complete with 10 speakers (including subwoofers), only sweetened the deal. Kind of softened the blow of having to pick up the $400/month car payment. I do have to tell you, Mr. Domino Delivery Guy's insurance, Progressive, did me right. It actually went pretty fast, and I ended up with over $3,000.00 more in the settlement than I expected! Anyway, I included a little Flickr badge in the sidebar to let you see a few more pics.

6 comments:

Mister Bones said...

That's beautiful man. You done good!

CatSpit said...

Ooh lookie, I have new transport to track days! Come live in DC baby!

Congrats on the new metal. May it forever bring you a rugged kind of joy.

k o w said...

Now all it needs is some mud on the sides.
Enjoy it.

Headgamer said...

Ain't it funny how we guys talk about a new truck or car like women talk to each other about their newborn babies?! I'm telling you, one day scientists are gonna isolate the "car/gadget" gene, and then we have a scientific, genetic basis for our obsessions and "they" can't complain to us about it anymore.

I'm off to go find some more mp3's.... wonder if I can fill 6 cd's worth of 80's music mp3's? LOL...

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

You probably can, but just because you can, it doesn't mean you should. Drop the Oingo-Boingo cd and back away slowly.

Headgamer said...

LOL good one. But who says I shouldn't? Maybe I should just take the Whole Day Off to try it... I mean, there's Nothing to Fear here (But Fear Itself)...LOL

A CD full of Devo, Oingo Boingo, Wall of Voodoo, and so on could be quite fun ya know....LOL