Friday, June 09, 2006

Clustrmaps, part 2.... What the?!

OK.

I thought the Clustrmaps thing was fun. How cool is it to see where the hits to your website are coming from?! But then it gets you to start wondering.... why are people hitting MY website? Kind of bizarre...

I mean, I know there's gonna be a ones from the Southeast (family and all... plus the counter keeps counting MY hits to the website, which makes the dot in Georgia bigger and bigger...LOL). I also expect a good many across the US in places where all my Xbox Live buddies are. It's fun trying to figure out which of you nutty people represent each dot... It's kind of like the old Romper Room show looking through the magic mirror....

"I see Rammy, and Lulu, and Scary, and ..."

LOL

But then it starts getting a little creepy. I'm looking at the map one day, and all of a sudden I see this little dot way the heck over in JAPAN?! What the...? Who in...? Huh? Then my eyes move over and I see a dot in what looks like England... Sheesh... Do these people have no life? LOL... It makes you wonder though... what led them here? Was it an accident? Were they googling for something specific and my blog came up on their list? It's just kind of interesting to think about.

I will really start to get a little paranoid if I start seeing dots blip up on the map in the Middle East... Images of Saddam surfing the internet from his jail cell.... Osama hitting blog search from his laptop/satellite phone from a cave in Afghanistan....come to mind. LOL....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hit your site because I was looking at the site of someone I know. There is a next button so I was just "nexting" ;-) Enjoy the attention!

Conspiracy said...

Why is there a dot in the middle of the ocean? lol

Headgamer said...

I KNOW! I haven't figured that one out either... I don't think that is the right location for the Canary Islands, so I don't think it is land based... Cruise ship? Private yacht? Undocumented Russian sub? Ooh, maybe I should contact the government. Maybe I can help them trace it...LOL