Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fat Bottomed Girls

Okay. Get ready for the next Connorism....

So he was having trouble sleeping last night, so Kelly and I let him come down and sit with us while we watched the American Idol results show. Now, for those of you that watch the show, you know that typically on Wednesday nights the person voted off sings their "losing song" at the end of the show. Well last night they let the bottom three each sing their song. This week's theme was songs from Queen. The resident country rocker Bucky Covington did a rendition of Fat Bottomed Girls. Well, Ace, the "boy band" looking guy did We Will Rock You which was the first song Connor had heard. Trying to be cool he was saying "That rocked!" and stuff like that. We were already getting kind of tickled at him. Then, Bucky is up getting ready to sing his choice, and Connor yells out, "Alright! I get to hear fat bottomed girls! That song rocks!" Then, realizing that he had just made a comment about women's appearance, turned to Kelly and said, "No offense, mom!"

I thought Kelly was about to choke on her drink and nearly fell off the couch she was laughing so hard! I was laughing my butt off (no pun intended) until I realized... Hey! If I had said that, it would have been decidedly UNFUNNY and I would have run the risk of a severely red cheek the rest of the night!

How come kids get to get away with so much! Ruins the fun for us adults!
LOL...

0 comments: