Friday, April 21, 2006

Got soul? Taylor Hicks does.

American Idol: Contestants - Taylor Hicks

Hi, my name is Sean.

(Hi, Sean.)

I am an American Idol addict. I remember the first time I had to watch it when we moved back to Georgia and were staying with my parents until our house purchase was completed. I wasn't a fan of Fantasia but got sucked into the process.

Then came along Bo Bice last year. Um. A Southern rocker from Birmingham (where I sent four year in college)?! I was sold. I really got sucked into the whole process and mystique of the showall over again. But more so.

But now, comes Taylor.

Taylor Hicks just flat out rocks.

I mean, again we have a boy from Birmingham. And this time, we get the reincarnation of Ray Charles, Joe Cocker, Sam Cooke, and a bit of Elvis all rolled up into one. I am a big blues and soul music fan, and this stuff just exudes from the pores of this guy's skin!

I'm not one to pay to go to concerts, but he's the only guy I would pay to see that is out there right now. Not only is he an amazing soul/blues vocalist, but one heck of an entertainer as well.

Anyway, just wanted to post.

I'm gonna go back to listening to his CD, Under the Radar, along with an mp3 of Taylor's rendition of Georgia on my Mind... great stuff!

0 comments: