Thursday, April 13, 2006

Top 7 reasons for bloglessness...

OK. So sue me. It has been another one of those dry spells with blogging. This has been due to a lot of things:

  1. Work has just been so hectic lately that there simply is no down time. Either at home or at work.
  2. My two older sons, Connor and Luke, have started baseball this year, which sux any other remaining time away. Games twice a week, practice at least once, and sometimes those games don't START until 7:30 in the evening! Which means that we're not home til after 9 pm, THEN have to get them ready for bed!
  3. Because of all this, the house has been going to pot! This is no slam on me or the kids or Kel. This is simply a statement of fact. When you get at most one hour per day to even consider housework, it just ain't gonna happen my friend. Hiring a housekeeper is definitely on the horizon for the McKay household. Kel and I need it for our sanity.
  4. 24. Enough said.
  5. American Idol. Yes, I have been sucked into it. Actually I got sucked into it last year when we lived with my parents for a month while house hunting when we moved back to the South. They watch nothing but reality TV, and I have to admit I enjoyed both Bo and Carrie. So yep, the psychologist has gotten sucked into brainless fanboyist TV. I am an official member of Taylor Hicks' Soul Patrol. First, he's a Bama Boy. Second, he is NOT a rocker/country/boy band/crooner, which seems to be all AI has had in its history. Third, his souls and blues just flat out rocks. He's the only one on that show I'd actually pay money to see in concert.
  6. GRAW. That's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for you Xbox 360 uninitiated types. Those of you who DO know me well know that I am a Ghost Recon addict/aficionado/freak, so it garnered a lot of my extra time.
  7. Oblivion. The most dangerous of these things I saved for last. This game (for those of you who do not know, an Xbox 360 role playing game) can suck every waking moment if you let it. I have resisted that level of obsession, but only through Herculean efforts. It still has taken up way more time than I typically budget for gaming (Friday night has turned into Friday/Sunday/Monday/Wednesday/Thursday night lately).... This is one of those games that can easily grab 200+ actual hours of your time playing. Because the game is open-ended, it only really ends when your imagination does. Since I have a good imagination about this kind of stuff I can easily see this game sucking away a lot of my evening hours after everyone is in bed.
So do you see how I pretty much have no degrees of freedom left here?

The only reason I am getting to do this now is because I had a patient session end earlier than expected and I am just waiting on my next appointment. Got a good story about my 9 year old again from last night coming up next...

Thanks for your patience folks!

0 comments: