Thursday, September 08, 2005

ARE YOU READY?!

I CAN BREATHE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

No more holding my breath for 7 months…. FOOTBALL IS HERE!!!

Starting with my FSU Seminoles thankfully getting the Miami Hurricane albatross off their backs after six years… all because of a missed field goal! How ironic… my UAB Blazers went into Tennessee and almost pulled off a win… another up-and-coming NCAA football program…

But my baby of babies… the NFL.

The season starts tonight, and as usual I am in two fantasy football leagues. And as usual, I am not completely happy with my roster. A stud here and there, but no depth. Why does that always happen? I see some of my friends’ rosters, and they have a stud or two but are DEEP as well. Weird. I guess I just suck at drafting. Oh well. Heck, I have already hit the waiver wire once in each league and the season hasn’t even started!

Tonight’s opening night… New England vs. Oakland. Should be a great game, though I expect the Patriots to end up with the win. Even though they have had some changes to their team this year, you just can’t bet against the Pats these days…

Burning questions of the season:

  • Will Seattle break away from the “unrealized potential/underachiever” label this year and actually do something? (On a personal note for me, will Shaun Alexander be in a Seahawks uniform next season?)
  • Will the “Glass guys”… Fred Taylor, Michael Bennett, Chris Brown, and the rest, make through the season unharmed? Will they make it through a game? Will they make it through a quarter?
  • Will Vick have a “breakout year” everyone has been predicting in the new west Coast offense in Atlanta (for what, the third year already)?
  • Which rookie RB’s will have the breakout year and be considered a stud at the end… Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker?
  • Will Ricky Williams light up a big fat hog at the end of games? Will he yoga at 50 yard line at half? Will he pack up and go home because he is shy?
  • Who will have the MVP year? Who will be the busts of the year? Which team will surprise us all? Which team will disappoint us all?
  • How will the New Orleans Saints even begin to be able to focus on their season, after Katrina?

There you go. Are you ready for some football?!

Talk amongst ya’selves…

3 comments:

Mister Bones said...

Heck yeah I'm ready for some football!!! War Eagle!! Go Bills!! Wooooohhhhhh!!!

k o w said...

Football football, gotta have my football. Football football....

When the Pat's kicked off last night I got a warm feeling in my belly. It might have been the brats and wings but I'd like to say it was my love for the gridiron.

Headgamer said...

I gotta say, I didn't see as much of the game as I wanted to. Saw most of the first quarter, and most of the third, but that was it. I couldn't resist seeing the replay of the last two sets of the Agassi-Blake match since I didn't get to see them the night before... Man Agassi is awesome... Shame he's gonna hit the brick wall known as Federer in the Final.

Back OT... should have played Collins last night... don't think ol' Hasselbeck is gonna outproduce that this week. Dang. The Monday morning QB starts on Friday...