Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm gettin' real tired, ya'll...

I'm getting burnt out. I am blessed with a very healthy practice right now, but cursed with no prospects for hiring a colleague to help out. I am seeing patients til 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm just about every night. I am booked solid (yes, no free slots at all at 60 hours per week) for the next month straight, and am booked daily for psychological evaluations through mid-November already. The only time I have now for the deluge of paperwork and reports is, well, right now. It is 11:38 pm. I was at the office at 7:00 am this morning working on reports. Started seeing patients at 8:00 am. Didn't stop til 8:00 pm.

Sorry to vent. But I am getting worn out.

And to top it off, coming home is no relief. For one, I have to bring work home. So it really isn't a break anyway. But the boys have been rough lately too. Well, those of you who know about my three sons know it is never a break at home, but it seems to have been especially stressful lately. I need time to decompress from the day and the stories I hear all day. And lately I just ain't getting that. It's a dangerous combination.

No, no need to call 911 or remove all sharps from my home. LOL... But I definitely am in the midst of a Job (that's the Biblical Job, not job, LOL) time of life, and definitely in an "Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood" moment.

For those inclined, pray for me and the practice and that I will find someone to hire on staff. For those not inclined, do it anyway. LOL

Thanks for letting me sit on the couch for a while.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

I hear ya HG! Not having anyone to help out is definitely a big pain in the arse!

I've gone thru this several times myself and had to wear many hats. Just last year I was working 7 days a week 12 hour days, including Sundays. Not by choice, but because there was no one else to do the work.

Be strong, keep your self sane and we'll keep ya in our prayers!

Remember, HE never gives us more than we can handle!

Headgamer said...

True... so true... I know God never gives us more than we can handle. I just wish sometimes he didn't have so much confidence in my stress management skills! LOL... Thanks.

k o w said...

Preach on. I'm finding myself alot lately burning both ends of the candlestick. I work 8am-5pm and then head straight to classes until 9:30 at night. I'm doing this 4 nights a week with Friday night being the only time I can actually sit a real table for dinner.

I'll pray for you. I don't know if the big guy will be listening to me but I have been talking alot with a co-worker who just happens to be a minister here in Philly. His advice has helped for sure and I've begun to change my views on organized religon a little.

I think we both need a late night game session for stress relief, it's been way overdue.

Frontallobe said...

The XBLF couch is always open. These things always come in waves. You'll be back to normal in no time!

Headgamer said...

Who said I was ever normal to begin with, Jay?!

LOL!

Thanks all!

Mister Bones said...

Hire me! I'm local! I know how you feel too HG, between the hospital, the comic store, and working construction with my pops, I hardly have time for anything non work related. Something's gotta give soon, right? I'm just worried that it will be me that gives.