Thursday, September 15, 2005

The new phone books are here! (Sort of...)

The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here! Sort of…

Well, that’s how I felt… a full-on Steve-Martin-The-Jerk-running-through-the-gas-station moment when Microsoft finally revealed the formal release date for the Xbox 360 in the US… November 22. At midnight I presume.

Though a bunch of people (well, Brian at least…LOL) are not happy with this date – so close to Thanksgiving holiday and the dreaded after Thanksgiving shopping frenzy, I am lovin’ it! Having my own business where, if I don’t work and see patients, I don’t make my house payment and little Johnny doesn’t get the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip for Christmas, means that frivolously taking days off are out of the question. So launching the week or two before, or the week after, would mean that I would pick up my 360 at midnight on Tuesday, then just get teased for the next four days as I had to work every day til Friday. Now, I get to pick it up Tuesday at midnight, and toy with it a teeny bit for a couple of nights until Thursday when I will have two days off for the holiday!

w00t!

One major question down… two to go:

  1. What are going to be the confirmed day-of-launch titles? With rumors flying about Perfect Dark Zero (what was supposed to be the ‘halo’ of this generation’s launch) being delayed til December, it makes me worry about my most desired titles, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion…

  2. What is the final backwards compatible title list for day-of-launch? I had only planned to keep Far Cry Instincts and Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike, and maybe Morrowind. However, with the news that game saves cannot be transferred, I have to decide if I am chucking Morrowind or keeping the old Xbox. Also, given what may be a shrinking Xbox 360 launch day release list, I may want to hold on to more current gen games. Because of all this, that BC title list for launch day is crucial. C’mon Bill and J! Throw us a bone here, will ya?!

Only 68 days to go and counting… Anybody got an extra cryogenics chamber lying around so I can go into cryogenic stasis til Monday the 21st?

Oh! And one other thing! Microsoft reportedly did a video spoof with Bill Gates and Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) in which Bill hires Napoleon to work at Microsoft! That has to be hilarious! If anyone finds it, please send it to me!

1 comments:

LSG said...

Well... you COULD have taken it to work with ya and played it between patients!

It's a thought!