Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I love new toys....

So Motion Computing, the makers of my wonderful Tablet PC, put some of the accessories for my model on sale, since they just released two new Tablet models. So I promptly ordered a FlexDock, extra battery, and bluetooth keyboard designed for my Tablet. Evidently the keyboard and battery are being shipped from California and the Flexdock from China. I get the Flexdock first. Go figure.

This thing is great! All my power and peripherals plug into the dock instead of my tablet. So instead of plugging and unplugging everything multiple times per day, all I have to do is slide the tablet into the dock and it automatically connects to my power supply and peripherals. It even adds an extra USB port on the front of the dock.

But here's my favorite feature. Those of you who know Tablet PC's know you can use them in portrait or landscape orientation. Though I typically use mine in portrait mode, there are times when I need landscape. And pressing a button to "scroll" through all four orientations (90, 180, 270, 360 degrees) to get the orientation I want is a pain. With the Flexdock, all I do is rotate the screen on its bevel thingie, and it automatically changes the screen orientation!

Yeah, a lot of you people go, "So what?" But those tech geeks out there (and I know who you are) are loving this and wondering why YOU don't have one!

I don't have my camera with me, but I will wait until the wireless keyboard comes in and take pictures of both together. See ya then. Back to work. Got patients to see.

1 comments:

LSG said...

You're such a geek. :p You know I'm jealous. =)