Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Um...we were just wrestling!

OK. After the earlier post about blogs and faith and trying to stay on the straight and narrow, I am going to try to keep this as G Rated as I can. However, this is one of those bloggable moments that any of you with growing children will eventually encounter...

...so one night last week Kelly and I get the boys to bed, and we start chatting and get, um, amorous and all...things are going along just fine (if I do say so myself) and we are settling into quite the extended session of uneven-bars-floor-exercise-vault-mattress-play...

You see what's about to happen don't you?

As were are in a somewhat compromising position on the bed, our nine year old Connor opens the door! Partly in surprise and partly in admitted anger that, um, certain rhythms had gotten interrupted, I spoke loudly to Connor to get back to bed. He says, in a most sheepish tone, "Oh, uh, sorry. Sorry." And starts to close the door. I get up (luckily the lights are very dim so it is difficult to see so he didn't actually see anything, though my beached whale skin does tend to glow in the dark) and walk to the door as he is heading back to bed. I say, "Connor I will be there in a minute!" (Well, not just a minute really... it is just a figure of speech)

Kelly and I start giggling about this - we had been saying how it was only a matter of time before this happened since our boys were getting older - but troopers that we are, we completed the gymnastics routine with, oh, I would say at least a 9.775. Except for that Russian judge... he always gives low marks. Go figure. Anyway, we recover from the rigorous exercise, and I throw on my gym shorts and go to Connor's room. Turns out he has a tummy ache. I talk to him for a bit seeing if he needs or wants anything, and he just asks for a glass of water. He then says, "Dad, sorry I interrupted your's and mom's "thing" (using the double-handed-two-finger move for a quote as he said it) a while ago." I kind of shrugged it off, saying, "Oh Connor, it was no big deal bud. Me and mom were just goofing and wrestling around on the bed."

Did he buy it? He sure seemed to - he is a relatively sweet innocent little guy. However, this weekend I think I need to go buy some wrestling tights just in case.

5 comments:

LSG said...

LMAO

A similar incident caused us to actually make use of that shiney metal thing attached to the door frame. ;)

Headgamer said...

Yeah... that would be the shiny metal thing that DOESN'T WORK... it latches, but it doesn't set well into the frame, so if they twist and push it hard enough, the door opens anyway. LOL

Kojubat said...

Our kids live on the other side of the house. Since neither one of them is particularly stealthy on our tile floor, we hear them way before they get to our side.

Midday excercise employs the use of a baby gate that they still respect and can't quite open without getting violent.

At some point, neither will work, I imagine.

k o w said...

Christians wrestle? LOL

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Wow, 9 years old and he already knows the finger quotes move. That's pretty funny.