Saturday, August 27, 2005

Sage - a great blog/newsfeed Firefox companion

Man, I must be in a really big blogging mood today (that or I am desperately trying to avoid doing any work around the house). A buddy of mine hipped me to a great Firefox extension called Sage. I hadn't really used it much, but am really discovering how cool a tool it is and how easy it is now to keep up with my favorite newsfeeds and friends' blog sites. The extension opens up a sidebar where you can keep a listing of your favorite newsfeeds. Click on one and the latest feeds from that site display in the main screen. Some nice features include not having to know the RSS/atom URL. Just click the magnifying glass "find feed" button and it automatically searches the website for any valid newsfeeds. You can also click a button to refresh your lists, and it will highlight all your newsfeeds with new posts since your last visit. Saves a whole lot of time going to all of them, or keeping them all on a google page but trying to remember what is new and what is old. Sorry, Jay. The Google thing was cool and all, but I think this is an easier and more elegant solution to our "keeping up with the Jones" problem! LOL

2 comments:

Frontallobe said...

haha no problem at all. That's how it works with technology. New today.. old that afternoon. :) The find a feed feature sounds amazing!

CatSpit said...

I'm converted. I used to use Bloglines, but this is way better. Thanks mate!